Sunday, September 19, 2010

Course on Drawing and Bronze Sculpture, Priego 2010 (Closing ceremony)



Mr. Venancio Blanco, who, for personal reasons, arrived at the closing of the course. That night a dinner took place to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the course. I take the liberty of giving thanks, on behalf of those who have attended the course, to the teachers who have devoted their summer holidays to train us as sculptors.



From left to right: Jorge, Belén, Mª Carmen, Manuel, Mª José, Rocío, me, Luis Cordero, Yolanda, Andrés Naranjo, Ana, Mr. Venancio Blanco, Bea, Lolita, Mr. José Antonio Aguilar, Cristina, Irene, Gil, Andrés, Eusebio, Bego, Paco, Mr. Luis García and Mrs. Marta Campos.

As the saying goes: 'If you like the scratch, then you do not mind the lice', and, the same as last summer, I have devoted this August to improve my knowledge of Bronze Melting.It´s hard work but sharing my holidays with these marvellous people is worth it. I take this opportunity to send them all a warm hug.



These are the awarded pupils this year: Award for Sculpture to Irene; Consolation prize for Sculpture to Eusebio; Award for Drawing to Gil and Consolation prize for Drawing to Bea.



Andrés Naranjo, Yolanda, me, Luis and Tannia, with Luis's work.



Lolita -a lovely and hard-working person- and me, with my work.